- An anycast configuration can incorporate multiple on-prem hosts while an on-prem host may be a member of multiple anycast configurations.
- All on-prem hosts in an anycast configuration must belong to the same tenant that owns the anycast configuration.
- All anycast addresses configured for a particular on-prem host will be advertised to the same set of upstream routers.
Depending on your license entitlement, you can associate an anycast address with multiple on-prem hosts that are serving the same BloxOne service. Note that each anycast address must be unique for a specific protocol. For example, if you have the BloxOne Threat Defense Advanced license entitlement, you can create an anycast address and associate it with multiple on-prem hosts that have DNS forwarding proxy service enabled and running on them. Similarly, if you have the BloxOne DDI Advanced entitlement, you can associate one anycast address with multiple on-prem hosts that are serving DNS.
The Manage -> Anycast page displays the following information about the Anycast configurations currently in your system.
- ANYCAST IP ADDRESS: The IPv4 address used by the anycast configuration.
- NAME: The anycast configuration’s name.
- DESCRIPTION: Description of the name of the on-prem host.
- PROTOCOL: The protocol used in the anycast configuration.
- STATE: The current state of the anycast configuration. This can be one of the following:
- Active: The anycast service is enabled and running properly on all configured on-prem hosts.
- Inactive: The state is Inactive if any of the following happens:
- The anycast service is disabled.
- The anycast service is enabled, but no anycast service is running on the configured on-prem hosts.
- Degraded: The anycast service is not running properly on one or more of the configured on-prem hosts.
You can view more information about a selected anycast configuration in the right panel. When you expand Anycast Services in the panel, you can see the current state of the anycast service for each configured on-prem host.
You can also perform the following in this tab:
- Click to reorder the columns or to select the columns to be displayed.
Click -> Edit or select the check box for the respective record and click the Edit button to modify an anycast address.
Click -> Delete or select the respective anycast address and click the Delete button to delete the anycast address.
Select an anycast address to view information such as Anycast IP address, name, protocol and filters. If you do not want to view the details in the right panel, click .
Enter the value that you want to search in the Search text box. BloxOne DDI displays the list of records matching the keyword in the text box.
Click to filter the objects by tags.
You can perform the following actions:
This page has no comments.