Zone transfers between the local appliance and the external primary server use a TSIG (transaction signature) for security. Infoblox TSIG keys use Hash-based Message Authentication (HMAC). These are keyed one-way hashes for message authentication. For more information, see HMAC: Keyed-Hashing for Message Authentication.
The following diagram explains the process of using TSIG at a high level:
To view the list of TSIG keys, complete the following:
- From the Cloud Services Portal, click Manage -> Keys. If there are multiple keys you must click the particular key to view the details. If there are no keys, you must create it before using it for a zone transfer. For more information about creating a TSIG key, see Creating TSIG.
- If you are an administrator, you can create, modify, or delete a TSIG key. If you are a user, you can only view the TSIG key. For more information, see Role-based Access Control.
An existing TSIG key can be used in the following:
- TSIG keys can be used while creating a DNS Server Group. For more information, see Creating Authoritative DNS Server Groups.
- TSIG keys can be used when creating an Access Control List. For more information, see Creating Named ACLs.
You can also do the following in this tab:
- Click to reorder the columns or to select the columns to be displayed.
Click -> Edit or select the check box for the respective record and click the Edit button to modify a TSIG Key.
Click -> Delete or select the respective anycast address and click the Delete button to delete the TSIG Key.
Select a TSIG Key to view information such as Anycast IP address, name, protocol and filters in the right panel. If you do not want to view the details in the right panel, click .
Enter the value that you want to search in the Search text box. BloxOne DDI displays the list of records matching the keyword in the text box.
Click to filter the objects by Key Name, Algorithm, and Tags.
You can perform the following actions:
This page has no comments.