Configuring Micro Focus SmartConnector to Communicate with the Data Connector
You must specify the following in the SmartConnector to receive data from the Data Connector:
- Execute the program
ArcSight-<version string>-connectorto add a SmartConnector.
- Select the folder where you want to install the ArcSight SmartConnector and click Next.
- Select the folder where you want to create links and click Next.
- Review the information and click Install to confirm or Previous to go back.
- After the SmartConnector is installed successfully, the Connector Setup wizard appears as shown in the following image. Select Add a Connector and click Next >.
- Set Type to Syslog NG Daemon and click Next >.
- Enter the following details and click Next >.
- Network Port: Enter the same port number that was mentioned while configuring destination in the Data Connector.
- IP Address: Enter the IP address of the Data Connector.
- Protocol: Select TLS from the drop-down list to use TLS encryption protocol for syslog.
- Select ArcSight Manager (encrypted) and click Next >.
- Enter the IP address and port number of the ArcSight Manager, and other necessary credentials. Click Next >.
- Complete the rest of the installation as per the installation wizard.
For more information, refer to the Micro Focus ArcSight ESM documentation.
This page has no comments.