If you have BloxOne DDI entitlements, you can configure the Cloud Services Portal to display or export DNS and DHCP logs from your on-prem hosts. For BloxOne DDI to properly pull the log data, you must have on-prem hosts set up and configured to serve DNS and/or DHCP. Otherwise, no data can be generated. Depending on your service log configuration, you can view the logs in a separate browser window or download the log files for future reference.
When you select to view the service logs, the Cloud Services Portal displays the logs in a separate browser window for the on-prem host you have selected. You can select only one host at a time, and you can set the time frame for the logs past five minutes to past six hours, depending on your requirements. You can view DNS logs, DHCP logs, or both. If you want to make the logs more readable, you can install supported plug-ins based on the browser you are using.
When you choose to download the service logs, the downloaded file is saved in this file name format: <on-prem host ID>-<dns or dhcp>-yyyy-mm-dd.log. You can select up to five hosts from which you want to pull log data, and you can retrieve the data only for a specific date. Also, you can download DNS logs or DHCP logs separately, but not both at the same time. When you select multiple hosts, the Cloud Services Portal generates one log file for each host, and the files you download include the on-prem host ID and the selected service in the file name. If desired, you can install a plug-in that allows you to open the logs in a more readable format.
To view or download the service logs, complete the following:
- From the Cloud Services Portal, click Administration -> Logs -> Service Logs.
From the Cloud Services Portal, click Manage -> On-Prem Hosts, select a host check box, and then click the Service button -> Service Logs on the top navigation area.
- On the Service Logs page, complete the following:
Select one of the following:
- View logs: Select this to view the service logs in a separate browser window. When you select this, you can view service logs for only one on-prem host, and you can select the time frame for the logs from five minutes to six hours.
- Download logs: Select this to download the service logs. Note that you can download the service logs for up to five on-prem hosts at a time, and you can select a specific date for the log data to be pulled. The system downloads the log file in this file name format: <on-prem host ID>-<dns or dhcp>-yyyy-mm-dd.log.
Select the service logs you want to view or download:
DNS: Select this to view or download the DNS service logs.
- DHCP: Select this to view or download the DHCP service logs.
NIOS Grid Connector: Select this to view or download the service logs for NIOS Grid Connector.
NoteYou can select both DNS and DHCP service logs only if you are viewing the logs. If you want to download the logs, you can select either DNS or DHCP, but not both.
Select the host or hosts for your logs:
To View logs, you can select only one host at a time. The drop-down list displays all available hosts.
To Download logs, you can add as many on-prem hosts to the table as you want by clicking Add Hosts. The drop-down list displays only the available hosts. After you have added the desired hosts to the table, you can select up to five hosts for which you want to generate the service logs. If you have less than five hosts in the table and did not select any specific hosts, the Cloud Services Portal generates logs for all the hosts (up to five) listed in the table.
NoteAvailable hosts are on-prem hosts that you have configured and are in the following state: Active, Degraded, and Disconnected.
Define the time frame for your logs:
To View logs, select from five minutes to six hours.
To Download logs, select a specific date from the calendar.
- Complete the transaction by performing one of the following:
- To view logs, click View Logs. BloxOne DDI displays the logs in a separate browser window. Depending on your browser settings, you can view your logs in a more readable format, such as JSON, if your browser supports that.
- To download the logs, click Download Logs. BloxOne DDI downloads the service logs in .log files, depending on the number of hosts you have selected. For example, if you have selected five hosts, you download five .log files. You can open these files using any supported applications, such as a browser. You can also open the file in a desired format, such as JSON, if you have configured your system to do so.
This page has no comments.