If your network infrastructure contains an on-prem Infoblox Grid and you want to have a consolidated view of your security data through the Cloud Services Portal, you can use Unified Reporting to connect with the Infoblox Legacy Data Connector to collect DNS and other security data about your Grid. The Infoblox Legacy Data Connector VM (virtual appliance) is designed to collect DNS query and response data from the Infoblox Grid and securely transfer the data to BloxOne Threat Defense Cloud.
You can download a Legacy Data Connector VM through the portal. For Unified Reporting to function properly however, you must first set up the Legacy Data Connector correctly through NIOS. For information about how to set up the Legacy Data Connector, refer to the Infoblox Legacy Data Connector Installation Guide, available through the portal or the Infoblox Documentation Portal at docs.infoblox.com.
To configure the Legacy Data Connector for BloxOne Threat Defense Cloud, complete the following:
- From the Cloud Services Portal, click Administration -> Legacy Data Connectors.
- On the Legacy Data Connectors page, click Create at the top Action bar.
- On the Add Legacy Data Connector page, complete the following:
- Name: Enter a name for the Legacy Data Connector.
- Region: Select a region from the drop-down list.
- Click Save to save the configuration. BloxOne Threat Defense Cloud adds the connector to the Legacy Data Connectors list.
The Legacy Data Connectors page lists the Name, Region, URL, and API Access Key for each connector.
You can also do the following on this page:
- Click Create at the top of the page to add a Legacy Data Connector (ensure that you have properly set up the Legacy Data Connector through NIOS). In the Add Legacy Data Connector dialog, enter the Name and select the Region for the Legacy Data Connector.
- Click the Action icon next to a Legacy Data Connector and select Edit to modify its information or select Remove to delete it. You can also select a Legacy Data Connector from the list and click the – icon at the top of the page to remove it.
- Click Export to CSV to export the data to a CSV file. The default file name is data_connectors. The file supports up to 50,000 rows of data.
This page has no comments.