- Customer-provided bare-metal systems running Linux and Docker version 19.03.5 and above.
- The minimum supported Docker version is 19.03.5.
- Non-standard paths to the Docker daemon socket, such as during Docker installation with Snap, are not supported.
- Kubernetes is not supported.
- VMs deployed on VMware ESXi servers:
- For regular OVA deployment, supported VMware ESXi server versions are 6.0, 6.7, and 7.0.
- For high capacity OVA, deployment, supported VMware ESXi serves version 6.5 and above.
For information on how to download OVA packages, see Downloading BloxOne Apps.
- VM infrastructures such as Hyper-V or KVM, running Linux and Docker version 19.03.5 or above. For information about the supported Linux VMs for Hyper-V, refer to this article.
Infoblox has validated the following platforms:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.8
- CentOS 7.8
- Ubuntu: For new deployments, Infoblox recommends Ubuntu 18.04 while we continue to support Ubuntu16.04 for existing deployments.
For bare-metal configuration, ensure that the following requirements are in place:
- Avoid CIDR overlapping with the default CIDR
- No K3s binary should be placed in this directory:
- SELinux policy is properly set up
For k3s to be successfully installed on a Red Hat and CentOS based bare-metal on-prem host, use the following command to install the required package:
yum install -y container-selinux selinux-policy-base
rpm -i https://rpm.rancher.io/k3s-selinux-0.1.1-rc1.el7.noarch.rpm
After you install the required package, complete the following:
- Disable the firewall service.
- Enable the iptables service (if it exists).
- Reboot the system.
It is highly recommended that you adhere to the minimum hardware and platform requirements for on-prem hosts. DHCP version 3.1 or higher is required for DHCP clustering (Advanced Active-Passive). If you do not follow the minimum hardware and platform requirements for on-prem hosts, DHCP clustering will not be supported. For more information about DHCP Clustering, see Creating HA Groups.
This page has no comments.