vNIOS for Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 server appliances support most of the features of the Infoblox NIOS appliances, with the following limitations:
- You must have a vNIOS license installed on the appliance before you can access the Infoblox GUI.
- vNIOS appliances do not support the following features:
- Configuration of port settings for MGMT, LAN, LAN2, and HA ports
- The bloxTools environment
- All the IB-VM appliance models support all the services provided by vNIOS virtual appliances, but Grid Master or Grid Master Candidate is not recommended.
- The Captive Portal is supported only on IB-VM-1410 virtual appliances.
- vNIOS appliances run on virtual hardware. They do not have sensors to monitor the physical CPU temperature, fan speed, and system temperature.
- Changing the vNIOS appliance settings through the Hyper-V Manager or Virtual Machine Manager Administrator console may violate the terms of the vNIOS licensing and support models. The vNIOS appliance may not join the Grid or function properly.
This page has no comments.