After uploading the NIOS virtual image, you must create a VM in the Prism web console. To create a VM, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the Prism web console.
- Click Home > VM > Create VM. The Create VM dialog box appears.
- Complete the following. Based on the supported vNIOS model that you are installing, see the vNIOS Models for Nutanix AHV table to know the specifications for Number of cores per vCPU and Memory.
- Name: Enter a name for the VM.
- Description: Enter a description for the VM.
Timezone: Enter a local time zone at which the VM must operate.
When setting up the NIOS virtual appliance, ensure that you do not select the Use this VM as an agent VM option.
- vCPU(s): Enter the number of virtual CPUs to allocate to this VM as 1.
- Number of Cores per vCPU: Enter the number of cores for the CPU.
- Memory: Enter the amount of memory (in MiBs) to allocate to this VM.
- Click the Add New Disk button to attach a disk to the VM. In the Add Disk screen, complete the following:
- From the Type drop-down list, select Disk.
- From the Operation drop-down list, select Clone from Image Service.
- From the Bus Type drop-down list, select SCSI.
- From the Image drop-down list, select the NIOS virtual image that you uploaded in prior steps. For more information, see Uploading the NIOS Virtual Image on Nutanix AHV.
- Click Add.
Select Legacy BIOS to boot the VM with legacy BIOS firmware.
Click the Add New NIC button to create a NIC for the VM. You can add a maximum of four network interfaces. Complete the following steps:
You must add at least two NICs and they must be MGMT and LAN1 interfaces. Ensure that you add the NICs in the order: MGMT, LAN1, HA, and LAN2.
- From the VLAN Name drop-down list, select the required VLAN name.
- Ensure that the Network Connection State is Connected.
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Enable Custom Script if you want to customize the VM by running a cloud-init script to enable services such as elastic scaling.
NoteDo not power on the VM until the commands specified in the later steps are run. If the specified order is not followed, creation of the VM will not be successful.
- Start a command prompt and run the following commands from the Nutanix controller VM:
- Run the
acli vm.listcommand and note the VM name and VM UUID.
- For the VM to function properly, turn off the VM branding using the following command:
acli vm.update <VM_uuid> disable_branding=true
- Run the
- If you have enabled custom script for services such as elastic scaling, create a serial port by using the following command:
acli vm.serial_port_create <VM_name> index=0 type=kServerNote that
<VM_name>is the VM name that you noted after running the
- In the Prism web console, select the new VM in the VM table, and then click the Power On button to start the VM.
- As you install and start each VM, use the
show hwidcommand to obtain the hardware ID for the new VM. Note the hardware ID for each VM.
- NIOS virtual appliances will not operate without a license. To ensure that the VMs operate until you install the permanent license keys, run the
set temp_licensecommand in the NIOS command line for any VM. For information, see Managing Licenses in the Infoblox NIOS Documentation.
For detailed information about the procedure in this section, see the Nutanix documentation at https://portal.nutanix.com/.
This page has no comments.