You can add a chiclet to your users' Okta IdP dashboard, so they can get authenticated and access a specific web page without entering login credentials. To add the chiclet to the dashboard, you first set the default relay state URL in the Okta SAML application, create a bookmark application, and then assign the bookmark application to applicable users and groups. These users can then use the bookmark chiclet on their IdP dashboard to get authenticated automatically while accessing the web page.
To configure the IdP-initiated SSO chiclet, complete the following:
- Log in to your Okta IdP instance as an admin.
- Click Admin to access the Admin Console, and then click Applications.
- Go to your SAML application -> General tab, select Edit for App Settings, and complete the following:
- Application visibility: Select the Do not display app icon to users and Do not display app icon in the Okta Mobile App check boxes to ensure that the SAML application chiclet is not displayed for users who do not have the privileges to manage applications on your IdP.
- Click save.
- Go to your SAML application -> General tab, select Edit for SAML Settings, and complete the following:
- Default Relay State: Enter the URL of the desired landing page to which you want to redirect your users after a successful SSO authentication.
- Click save.
- Go to your SAML application -> General tab, scroll to the bottom to locate the App Embed Link section, and complete the following:
- EMBED LINK: Copy the link in the textbox and paste it into your notepad. You will need this later.
- Go to the Applications section of your Okta instance, click New Application, and complete the following to create a bookmark application:
- In the Search bar: Enter Bookmark App.
- Select Bookmark App from the list of results.
- Click Add.
- On the App Settings page, complete the following:
- Application label: Enter the name of your bookmark application. Use a name that reflects the web page for your bookmark application.
- URL: Paste the URL you copied from the App Embed Link section into the textbox.
- Click Save.
- On the App Settings page, click the Assignments tab, and complete the following to assign the bookmark application to all required users & groups:
- Check users to ensure that they are assigned to the new application
- Check groups to ensure that they are assigned to the new application.
- Log out of Okta.
- To test the chiclet, log in as one of the users to whom you have assigned the new bookmark application.
- You should see the bookmark chiclet on the dashboard. The following is an example:
- Click the chiclet. It should direct you to the desired web page (via the URL you entered for the Relay State URL), and you will be authenticated automatically.
This page has no comments.